A New Way To Paint in Painter X3
I am pleased to announce my new workshop “Pastel Sunsets” which begins on March 1st. This workshop will introduce you to a new way of painting as you discover the secretes of “Color Expression” and how it will transform your paintings.
Learn how to paint sunsets using Pastels in Painter X3. A custom brush category with brushes designed by Painter Masters Karen Bonaker and Skip Allen will be supplied as well as papers, patterns and color-sets.
This course is Self-Study. Your instructor, Painter Master Karen Bonaker, will be critiquing your paintings and offering you helpful suggestions to enhance your paintings. Students will work from observation and reference photos will be provided however no cloning will be done in this class.
Take time to become familiar with Pastel paintings. Download this PDF and explore how Edgar Degas used Pastel. Understand the different types of Pastel and how blending and texture unite. Edgar Degas-Waiting. Turn your attention to pages 8 and 9 and study the how these images were painted. Notice the overlapping brushstrokes laid in from dark to light and light to dark. There is always a transition of color.
• Discover Color Expression a new and exciting way to paint!
• Discover the language of Pastel Sunset Brush Category
• Learn How the new Reference Panel can enhance your observation skills
• Study Light and Atmospheric conditions
• Paint several different sunsets using a photo reference
• Study how paper texture can enhance your pastel paintings
For more information or to enroll, class size limited to 25 students